Thursday 3 January 2013

Launch day for MARKED



It's pub day again. Not necessarily another trip to the pub (although that could be on the cards too), but the publication date for MARKED, the third in the Callum Doyle series. It seems only five minutes since PARIAH hit the shelves.

This one's a little different from the others in being more character-focused. That's not to say it's without action - Doyle finds himself in plenty of trouble as usual - but there's a lot more emphasis on what drives people to do what they do. Doyle in particular is put through the wringer here, and finds himself acting in ways that may seem unpleasant, but which I hope readers will at least understand. I believe that none of us knows what we're capable of until we're put under the most extreme pressure.

There's also more focus on the families of victims in this novel. Some of this touched emotional nerves in me, and I hope that feeling carries over to the reader.

Above all, I hope you enjoy the book. Your comments are more than welcome!

REMINDER: PARIAH is still available for the Kindle at the ridiculously low price of 74p. If you haven't got a copy yet, you can do so here.

1 comment:

  1. I've finished the new book and thoroughly enjoyed it, I liked the change in style as well.

    I will say without trying to give any plot away if you have some sort of aggression problems can you please find another outlet and not take it out on Callum any longer the poor fella has had his fill!!!

    ReplyDelete